I painted my wall. I actually painted the entire house over the summer, and a lot of the walls are still bare because I haven't decided what or if I am going to put the old stuff back up. I have been thinking about buying some vinyl for my walls for some time now, just never knew what I wanted. I also had to filter everything through my husband first because he hates vinyl. (He thinks it can get to the point that it looks like people have purposefully tagged their own walls.) And, vinyl is expensive. So, since I am cheap, I decided to do the next best thing...do it myself. That's right, the picture before you was hand-painted by yours truly (sort of). I will let you in on a secret and tell you that I didn't draw it all by myself. I used a good old fashioned overhead projector and copied a picture I liked from the internet onto a transparency. I did, however, change it up to give it some of my flare, and then hand painted it on with my $6.00 can of paint and a few different sizes of paint brushes. Not too bad for under $10.00, right?
**On a side note...I am going to hang some pictures (I think a family one) and a few other things on this wall, so eventually it will have other things on it and the branches will just peek out from behind.
And, I've taken up sewing a little (very little) bit. I have to give some (or a lot! of) credit for the above shirt to my good friend Coriann who made this one with me and showed me all of the secrets, but I have made two others since this one. The above one was for my 11 year old niece but the other two are for me. I would show you pictures but I haven't taken any yet, so I'll post them another time. But, each shirt has the same concept. I bought two of the exact same shirt from the Downeast outlet for $2.50 a piece, and cut one up and sewed it onto the other. And, voila! A whole new look!
The cost of the paint for my wall: $6.00
The cost of two shirts to make one cute shirt: $5.00
The cost of my sanity: PRICELESS
Me time. I. Love. It!
Jennae, they both turned out so cute. I think you should teach me how to make the T's for our first project. I love it!
ReplyDeleteCute! I want to know how you made that shirt as well!
ReplyDeletewow! your wall and top look great!
ReplyDelete