Thursday, July 22, 2010

The.......of my life!

Not too long ago, my kids asked me what the phrase "The time of my life" meant.  I explained that when you are having the time of your life, you are doing something that you will always remember and that you consider one of the best times you have ever had.  That answer was good enough for them, and they went on their merry way with their day. 
Since this little discussion, I have found my kids using this phrase on almost a daily basis.  Such sentences as "This is the cookie of my life mom!" and "This is the day of my life!" and "That park was the park of my life!"  and many more that I can't think of at the moment, all quite serious statements at that.  It has been humorous and humbling all at the same time.   They make me laugh, but at the same time, don't we all wish that we could make every moment memorable?
So, let my cute kiddos remind us to make every day "the day of our life"!  Don't sweat the small stuff....ha, humorous coming from me I know, I worry about everything!  But, I too am going to try to make each day, week, minute, cookie! the (fill in the blank) of my life!

1 comment:

  1. That is so sweet. I wish I had that out look on life all the time. But it's part of being a mom. Maybe if I start using that phrase, life would just be better. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete