Thursday, December 30, 2010

Checkpoint

The "most wonderful time of year" has already come and gone.  It always goes too quickly.  It is always jam packed and never long enough.  I do love Christmas time, however!  I love the lights, the crowds, the presents, the gloves and hats, the snow.....all of it.  I especially like the love in the air.  The peaceful feeling surrounded by the remembrance of His birth.  And, I remember how truly thankful I am for all of my many blessings. 
We had a great Christmas this year.  It really did seem short since I usually start my shopping by October and didn't get started until well into December this year.  But, we did make time to see the lights (which was insanely busy!  We won't pick the night of David Archuleta's concert next year)!
We also went to the Zoolights this year which was awesome (Of course, I forgot my camera).  They put out a ton of lights and they were very animated.  The kids had a great time and even got to meet Comet and Blilzten. 
We also spent time with family and friends and just enjoyed snuggling up to watch all of the classic Christmas shows. 
The kids let us sleep in this year.  They didn't wake up Christmas morning until I woke them up at 8:45 AM!  My kids have never been morning people, we like to stay up late and sleep in at our house, but 9:00 am was getting a little ridiculous for Christmas morning so I had to go crack the whip.  Of course, as soon as I said "Merry Christmas" they were out of their beds and into the front room at lightning speed.

         Santa was good to us this year.  We had a great day!    
And now its time for the New Year!  I don't like nor dislike the New Year's holiday.  It always seems to creep up so quickly and to me seems more like a self-mapped checkpoint.  Did I accomplish all of my goals for this year?  Have I set my goals for next year?  What can I improve on?  What am I proud of?  Although I have never been one to grab a pad of paper and pencil and number my new year's resolutions for the next year, I do ponder these questions.  And, I feel good about what my husband and I have accomplished this last year!  But, because Jeff and I both worked so very hard this last year, we didn't leave much time for anything else.  So, that is my hope for 2011......slow down and enjoy!!

2 comments:

  1. I was so bummed we missed the lights this year! I do agree that this season went by way too fast! Glad you guys enjoyed it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this post. Christmas did come and go way to fast and its true...it always does. But I felt more love then I ever have. Christmas brings out the best in people.

    ReplyDelete