P is for Potter, Harry Potter!
The Becks have outdone themselves again. Each year they throw some kind of fun party. The last few years it has been one of those Murder Mystery themed parties. This year they changed it up a bit and threw a Harry Potter Party. Even though I am far from the end of the J.K. Rowling series, and have no idea what happens in the books, this party was great fun!
We were each instructed to dress as a character from the books, and bring a Potter inspired dish to share.
Riley decided to be Harry, McKenzie was Hermione, and Easton was Fred. Easton wanted to be Ron's brother, Fred, instead of Ron because Fred has a twin named George and that way he and his buddy David could be twin brothers!
I decided to be Professor Mcgonagall.
And Jeff decided to be Crabby....or Goyle. Don't know which is which, or who is who.
Aimee, Cyndi, and Kristie recreated some of the goodies from the books.
The butterbeer (pictured above) was sooo good. I couldn't get enough of it.
A game of quidditch. Beware: You may get wet.
And the snitch was caught by both Harry Potter's!
Such a fun night. Maybe one day I will read the books.....or listen to them on tape anyway!
J is for Jump-and-Bounce
The kids had a great at the bouncy house.
I was having a hard time getting pictures that weren't blurry because they were constantly in motion, so this is McKenzie going slow for me :)
Pinned you!
I is for ice skating!
The kids and I went ice skating with the cousins. We were doing our best to keep up with Tyler (in the red shirt above). He is our family hockey star so he lives on the ice rink.
The kids surprised me with how well they did! Riley had battle wounds on his knees and elbows the next day. He is a very determined boy and once he has his mind set on something, he does not give up until he has accomplished it. He did not want any help and was determined to go fast. So, many bruises (huge ones on his elbows!) and falls later, he was successfully skating around the rink! The other two were skating without help from me and without the wall by the end as well.
G is for game night!
The 5 games we played were Monopoly Deal, Kerplunk, Hyperdash, Cootie, and Toy Story Yahtzee.
Kenzie and I holding our victory cootie!
The score ended up being two tie games, one win for the boys, and 2 wins for the girls! Yep, we won.......again. The girls are two for two! Girl power!
We're almost half way with our alphabet. We better get busy if we plan to finish before summer ends!
So fun. You have been very creative with your Alphabet Summer!
ReplyDelete