Tuesday, June 21, 2011

We're back!

Wow, I can't believe I haven't been on here for over 4 months! Time has gone too quickly, and I am now trying to catch up on the areas of my life that I slacked on these last few months. The blog is a fun one to start with!
We have all had our share of the cold and the flu. I ended up being sick over Easter, so I don't have any pictures of the kids all dressed up, but we did have a good time dying Easter eggs. My kids love hard-boiled eggs, so we dyed quite a few. Of course Jeff was his joker self and pretended to mix a raw egg in with the hard-boiled eggs (but then took it back out when the kids weren't looking) so each time they cracked an egg to eat it they were worried it would be the raw one.



Riley also celebrated his 6th birthday! He is pretty into Star Wars right now, they have watched a few of the movies with Jeff, but they mostly know it through the Lego video games.
I can't believe he is 6!
He had his party at Wheeler Farm again this year (of course)! He has been there three years straight now, but thats what he wanted to do and a little guy can get anything he wants on his birthday, right? We raced some ducks down the little irrigation stream. When we first got there, there was NO water in the stream and we were extremely sad that the race was off, but the second time they checked, a full stream! They each decorated their duck with permanent markers and then we watched them to the finish.
We also fed the ducks, looked at the different animals, and had a great game of kick-ball. It was a rainy weekend, but held up until we were just pulling out of the parking lot!


The statue of Riley. He is covered in blue chalk here. We have tried to play outside and at the park on the days that have been nice.


Easton and I both survived our first year of preschool! Here he is at graduation. I cannot express how lucky I am to be a teacher to my own children and to others. This year was amazing! This first year was very stressful, busy, and time consuming, but all-in-all went great! I am looking forward to many more!


The hiking and camping have begun! We went on our first camping trip a couple of weeks ago with the Jensen family. It was a ton of fun. We went to Freemont Indian State Park in Sevier, UT just Southwest of Richfield, UT.   There are a lot of fun hikes here, and the weather was perfect. We saw a lot of ancient Indian artifacts, petroglyphs, and pictographs.
The kids loved to set their marshmellows on fire. And, they liked eating them burnt too, yuck.
This ladder leads down to a replica of a pithouse that the Indians lived in.

Right across from our camp there were these eroded rock spires called Castle Rock (you can see how the name applies). This was one of our favorite things to do. It was so fun and beautiful to hike into these nooks and crevices.
We also all carved our own petroglyphs. Aww, J + J, how cute!
The boys really enjoyed carving with dad's knife this trip. We have already purchased a small one for them each to have their own next trip.
We all tried our first attempt at the "atlatl". Basically a long stick to help balance and aim an arrow to a target or prey. Our nephew Tyler was the only one of the whole clan that hit the deer target.

And that is the last four months in a nutshell. Hopefully I will be on here more regularly again, so until next time.......!

1 comment: